* We did introductions, I learned everyone’s name
* I talked about class stuff, syllabus
* We did the pendulum mini activity (write quietly, talk with group, share with class, rewrite again): Where will washer go if I let go when its at the very top of its swing.
* We watched the pendulum video of children (pausing now and then for small group and whole class discussion)
* We did student rights and responsibilities
* I introduced my life as a researcher, current project, and handed out consent forms
* I discussed homework (read pendulum case study and write reflection; plus finding the moon assignment)
* Students left me an exit ticket with responses to three Q’s (#1 what about this class makes sense? What is it specifically that makes sense? #2 What about this class doesn’t make sense to you right now? What questions do you still have? #3 Is there something else on your mind? Something you’d like to tell me)
Still to do for wednesday
#1 Do teacher rights and responsibilities
#2 Address concerns (projects, assignments, etc)
#2 Have students read and sign consent forms
#3 Start unit of light!
What is the pendulum video?
One of the video case studies in this book: